Over the next eight weeks, the Web of Change alumni will elect three new members to refresh our dynamite WOC board. The election process has been designed by your current elected board to be both transparent and efficient. Here’s how it works:
- The election process kicks off with a nomination period that runs from October 17-31. Any alumni can nominate a candidate from the alumni community. You can also self-nominate. The nomination form will go live on October 17.
- After nominations close, nominees must participate in a one-on-one call with current board members to find out more about what it means to be on the board and to ask any questions they might have before running for a seat.
- Those who decide to run will then submit a brief profile and two-minute video by November 14. Here’s an example of a candidate video from the last Web of Change election.
- Elections open and alumni will cast their votes between November 14 and 28. Each alumni will get three votes, one for each open seat. Specific voting results are not made public beyond announcing our winners.
- Your new board members are announced on December 1, 2014.
October 17: Nominations open! Any alumni can nominate a candidate from the alumni community. You can also self nominate.
October 31: Nominations close.
November 1-12: One-on-one Q&As with current board members take place. Candidates prepare and submit their profile and two-minute election video to Web of Change.
November 14-28: Alumni votes.
December 1: New board members announced!
Who's Eligible to Run?
Anyone who has been to a Web of Change (flagship or WOCx LA) is eligible to run for the board.
Who's a Good Fit?
Who would make a great addition to the Web of Change board? Find out more about the opportunities and responsibilities that come with joining the Web of Change board.